Friday, May 7, 2010

The Vampire And The Virgin


 The Vampire And The Virgin
Love At Stake Book 8
 

FBI psychologist Olivia Sotiris is looking for a cool ocean breeze, sand between her toes, and a break from her crazy, and sometimes dangerous, life. But when she escapes to the Greek island of Patmos, all she gets is a meddling grandmother trying to marry her off. None of the men there interest her—except a mysterious Scotsman named Robby MacKay.

Robby needs to cool off, too, since all he can think about is revenge on the Malcontent bloodsuckers who once held him captive. But then he meets Olivia, the beauty with wild curls and a tempting smile. When a deadly criminal from one of her cases back home tracks her down, Robby will have to save her life, along with giving her a first time she’ll never forget …


As of today I will posting my comments on the books I've read and also rating them in star from 1 though  5. One stars means "this was a waste of my time" and 5 stars means "OHHHH this book was awesome, It's a keeper". If you have read it please feel free to rate it your self and let me know what you think. Was I right or was I not giving the author enough credit?.

So here is my critic the book was good but I must say could of been better. For those of you who have been keeping up with the serie you know that in the last book our friend Robby had a run in with the Malcontent and it wasn't good a good one. I would have expected more fighting  and more revenge  but in the end the book was mostly kinda of mushy. So I give it

3 comments:

  1. I read the very first in this series ("How To Marry A Millionaire Vampire," I believe), but I haven't read any since. It was cute. I remember reading it while I was on a plane, and while it provided a very good distraction, it just didn't grab me the way I expected it to. I think I just have a different reading preference. I like my vampires gritty and urban, and "How to Marry A Millionaire Vampire" was just a little too light-hearted for my tastes. Even so, I'd probably give it at 4/5, it just didn't have me rushing for the rest of the series.

    Maybe's it time I give it another try?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can give it another try but they are pretty much the same. I like the gritty and urban tales myself but every once in a while I try to venture out and try something new. This is a book that I borrow from the Library and not run to Borders or Barens and Noble to pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, ok. Lynsay Sand's are the same way. They are a nice "between series" reader. More lighthearted and tongue in cheek.

    ReplyDelete