Thursday, May 6, 2010

BLOGGER

Today I am going to do the mushy stuff and I must confess I am not the one to bear my heart in the open but I will do so today and this will be the first and last time (promise). When I started this blog I had everything envisioned but as time passed by I found myself disappointed in thinking that because I wasn't getting any hits unless they came from my friends that my blog was a failure. But as I looked at other blogs (Vamps R US) and did research I've notice that a person shouldn't blog to get attention, well at least that shouldn't be the main reason, but to do it because you have dedicated your time and passion for what you love. So from now on I will do it because one of my many passions is reading and talking about my books. I have a new book from a series that I am following by Kerrelyn Sparks which I will be posting on my blog tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I understand completely. Helena and I started our blog a long time ago. Back then we had two other posters as well, and I think we all had high hopes for our blog. We wanted to start a conversation with others who cared about the same things we did. It seemed so easy and we were so excited. Unfortunately, we were the only ones.

    It can get very frustrating when you put so much time and energy into creating posts just to have them go unread. For a long time, I think Helena and I were the only ones checking in at Vamps, reading each others posts and commenting. It was disappointing, to say the very least.

    But, we kept at it. We hit the same realization you have; we were having fun amusing ourselves, and we enjoy talking about paranormal media even if it's only with each other. That's what made it worthwhile (to me, at least. I don't want to speak for Helena). Little by little, we've gotten more comments. We still don't have a lot of followers, but each new comment is like a little victory. It shows there are people out there who share the same interests that we do, and we can only hope that number continues to grow. We're chatty people who love to discuss the paranormal with others :)

    So, I'm glad you've made the decision to keep writing. I'm a firm believer in everything happening for a reason. Even though you don't have a lot of readers right now, that doesn't mean you won't get them. In the meantime, do what makes you happy and talk about the topics you love. That's what makes it worthwhile in the end.

    I hope you're having a great weekend!
    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right everytime I see a new comment it's a little victory. It is hard but this is something I have signed up for and given many thought and time too. I do hope that WE can keep up the good work in informing and educating people in Paranormal books.

    Thank you Lily you can't imagen how good it feels to hear that I wasn't the only one that had those feelings.

    I hope you are enjoying your weekend as well!

    ReplyDelete